Monday, July 03, 2006

They call it humidity

Remember when I said I found Nick in the crib with Nate? Here is is.

In other news... it is very humid. Humidity really is awful. It makes heat so much harder to live with.

I never used to sweat until I started working out about 10 years ago. Or maybe it had nothing to do with working out and had to do with being an adult. In any case, I remember my surprise at how wet I was, and the salt coating my body. Needless to say, I began showering more.

With the humidity, I feel that I need to shower twice a day - like my brother Winston. In fact, I would probably live in the bathroom, showering, getting dressed, and then just showering again because that's how long I feel clean. In this humid weather.

It really is crazy - the pages of my books feel different. They are all slightly damp. Doors swell shut and it takes two people to open them. One of the doors to the boy's room gets stuck before it closes all the way, so there is an inch gap at the top, but you still have to yank on it to open it. Food... don't get me started at how fast food goes bad. And the pet hair... OK, I guess technically pet hair has nothing to do with humidity, but the pets are shedding like crazy. I am now brushing them every week - sometimes more. And yet, each time we open a door clumps of pet hair drift by, testimony to my poor housekeeping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O, look how cute they are! I love that picture!!!

I want to go on record now: I am not coming to NH in Aug if it is still humid!!! Doesn't it cool off quicker than NYC? Shouldn't it be just about cross-country skiing weather in Aug in NH?????

Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest picture -- how precious they are!!!!