Monday, July 10, 2006

Warmish Welcome

We are here!

The flight was amout what I expected. There were peridos of calm, and periods where both boys were screaming their little heads off and I simply could not be in two places at once. Once we arrived we went through customs and got our luggage with no problems. And then I got the car I rented, which was NOT a large automatic, as I requested, but instead a car the size of our mower tractor - now I know cars are smaller here, but I specifically said I needed to be able to fit two car seats in this thing, and we did, but we never would have been able to take our luggage as well. Nick's knees were up near Emily's shoulders and Nathan was wedged in his car seat in the back...

The relief at getting here and being able to relax a bit is indescribable. We went to lunch at the little place by the beach, and then, weary from travel and rose, ready for naps, we came home...

only to realize that neither of my parents had the house key with them.

That's right. We were locked out of the house.

We circled the house looking for a way in. My sister went looking for a bobby pin. A bunch of us tried reaching the window lock through the garbage chute. And I took some nice pictures I will share with the internet later.

Finally my dad broke a kitchen window with a bocce ball wrapped in a tarp found in one of the cars, Emily climbed in, and the doors were then open from the inside.

Never a dull moment, really!

2 comments:

Debs said...

Well life is obviously nothing but exciting with you guys. I had a flat battery this morning and had to have my car jump started, but that doesn't really compare to being on holiday!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. This seems to be a recurring event with your parents. I hear tell your father had to boost my friend Penny through a basement window when she was there last month! Perhaps, you should look into getting a few copies made -- copies that can be hidden somewhere no one knows about...okay, no one but you!!