Friday, July 21, 2006

Adieu, Adieu, to yeu and yeu and yeu

Tomorrow we are going home... well, at least to NY. To be honest, part of me is looking forward to getting back to my own house, my own bed, and getting back into a schedule. Not to mention, of course seeing my HUSBAND again! We all miss him very much at this point.

But there is still something very bittersweet about leaving. I have been looking forward to this vacation for so long, and it's just wooshed right by me. I really do hope we get to come back next year - with Steve, of course. There must be a way to make it happen.

I have been packing all morning, trying to track down all of our belongings - the swim toys, the books, the socks, the sippy cups... and then trying to put everything in our suitcase before Nicholas gets the chance to remove each item and put it in an unlikely location. This morning I put the same flip flop in the suitcase 6 times before I found my hair iron on the porch outside. When I dragged it back inside Nicholas was sitting INSIDE the suitcase and had removed the bottle nipples from the ziploc I had put them in, and had returned them to the tupperware container I was using while we were here. Apparently he doesn't really want to go, either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your perspective of packing just puts my dislike of packing into perspective!!! Glad you had a good time. Hope you managed not to leave anything or anybody behind!!! Hope youget home safe and sound. We look forward to a post to confirm all is well!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! You're coming home! I get to see you tomorrow! Whoopee!! Please bring my stuff home too -- ask your mother, I think she picked it up.