Friday, July 28, 2006

Bleak House


Today is overcast, but very hot and humid. And I found myself thinking, I know people used to live without airconditioning. Ever. Because it didn't exist. These people... they weren't walking around in string bikinis, either. In fact, for many years they wore lots and lots of clothing. Long sleeves and skirts with layers and undergarments, not to mention corsets. Jackets, stockings, hats... I just can't understand how they did it. No wonder they all died young.

Nathan is just over 27 inches long - over the 75th percentile for height in his age group. And he weights 17.9 pounds. Yesterday he got three new shots and a crayon bandage. When I came home Nick was standing in his diaper in the dining room with his grandmother's keys and a juice cup.

Not much on today's agenda. Mostly it's about keeping cool and keeping sane, and trying not to let the overcast-ness get to me. Yesterday my parents put Cleo down, and I'm a little bit sad about it.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

been so caught up with catching up with work and 3 days of 8 hour meetings exclusively in Thai in a neighboring city. haven't had the chance to comment or even read your blog in about a week. feels good to be back up to speed. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»