Saturday, July 29, 2006

the cure for everything

This morning I collected on a gift Steve gave me for something - our anniversary I think. I went to Bein Soignee and got a facial AND a hot stone massage AND my hair got washed and blown dry. Hooray for me!

I was never quite sure I would LIKE a hot stone massage. Frankly, it sounds like a kind of torture. You get undressed and then someone you have never met before will put hot ad cold rocks all over your body. You will lie down on hot rocks. Hot rocks on your face, your feet, your hands, your tummy... Yeah, really relaxing. But you know what? IT IS! The rocks are hot, but not so hot you can't stand it. And whatever. It worked. I left feeling as though I were floating.

So maybe it's not really the cure for everything, but it was the cure for most of MY ills... which is probably just proof that there was nothing wrong with me to begin with.

2 comments:

Debs said...

Good to feel you're feeling all de-stressed and happy. I hope it continues...!

Jamie said...

That sounds amazing! So much better than Thai massages. I always regret getting them I feel like I've been bruised afterwards