Tuesday, July 04, 2006

HAPPY 4th of JULY


There are three things I wanted to post about today, so instead of one big post you'll get three smaller ones SMOOSHED together.

#1 - Complaining Post: It isn't even 7am yet and I've been up for almost 2 hours. I had to change Nick's bed sheets because his diaper leaked. I thought I was being so organized by bringing the boy's clothes downstairs and by trying to make a huge batch of formula in the morning so I wouldn't have to make it 3 times during the day, but then I realized - after 11 scoops of formula, that there were black specks floating in the water. Nick wanted toast instead of waffles. And as I was spooning oatmeal into Nate's mouth I realized it was goopy with baby snot because his nose was so runny.

#2 - Nastalgic Post: I love the 4th of July because it always reminds me of the musical 1776, and if you ask me it's a work of genius - who would have thought you could make a musical out of the Declaration of Independence? And it fostered my love for John Adams. Despite which I still could not make it all the way though his autobiography.

#3 - Hair Post: Here are before and after pictures of my hair. It's not the hair, but don't I look like Emily in the after photo? Don't I? DON'T I?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so much like Emily that I did a double take. I never noticed the resemblance before.

jean the mom

Debs said...

Loving the hair.
Afraid I can't answer the Emily question! Happy packing.

Anonymous said...

No! You don't look lke Emily! Emily's hair stands straight up...although in different directions...& sometimes in various colours (though not now). But you do look very pretty! I like the new do, it's very sophisticated -- I had mine cut a few weeks ago but not as short as yours.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, what do I know? You do look like Em!

Jamie said...

i was thinking that before I even read that part of the blog entry! You're lookin good! Happy 4th of July. And yeah, I couldn't get through the John Adams biography either.

Anonymous said...

When the boys are off to school and you have a little free time (ha, ha) do give the Adams bio another try. McCoulough is such a terrific writer! I loved this book.

jean the mom

Lou said...

Pretty hair! But then, your hair is always so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kathleen,

please stop posting pictures of me on your blog and pretending that they are you! or, i'll take my face back now, thank you. or, you hear them talking about this identity theft but you never think it will happen to you!

Love you lots.