Wednesday, December 13, 2006

2 boys not sleeping



Last night Nathan had a fever of 102.5 and was so congested that he would wake up every time he remotely approached a horizontal position. Despite the medicine I gave both boys, they both woke several times. Nicholas, however, was never really feverish and just has a cold, so I sent him on to school. Nathan is pretending to be fine, but I know he's not because his nose is pretending to be a faucet and he will not nap. This makes our day really confusing because I don't know if I should wait for him to nap, or go ahead and get groceries NOW.

On top of that I need to wrap gifts before my brother Jamie leaves - that means today. This sounds like it will take only a few moments, but if you've ever approached a huge gift wrapping project you know it can take HOURS, especially if you have been stashing gifts in strange places and need to locate them first.

The floor is ALMOST done, but not quite. I still have to write Christmas Cards. I would like to take a nap. I would like to write some stuff, print some stuff, and yes, even buy some stuff online. I have no time to be writing ANYTHING on this blog.

And you probably have no time to be reading whatever I'm writing, because it IS the Holiday Season, after all, and we must all run around like headless chickens and pretend that everything is SO GREAT AND WONDERFUL! MERRY MERRY! When really we're just driving ourselves crazy.

Today's Song Of The Day is: The Twelve Days Of Chrsitmas. I have no idea what the twelve days ARE, actually. But I like the idea. I also like the song because it's crazy with all the geese and dancers and milk maids and stuff. Plus, the FIVE GOLD RINGS part is heartfelt. But I don't generally like spoofs of it. There;s the Twelve Pains OF Chrsitmas, the Twelve Gifts of Christmas, the Drunk LAdy singing it, all sorts of stuff. And as funny as these things are, the song is long. And repeats a lot. In short (too late) fun to sing, but not fun to hear.

2 comments:

Debs said...

Just to say I am reading, just muchly busy :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.