Tuesday, December 19, 2006

My Grown Up Christmas List



I've become a lot more focused on gift giving lately rather than gift receiving. When someone asks me what I would like for Christmas I usually freeze and stammer with a bunch of "um um I dunno's" And not only is that not helpful, but it's not TRUE! There is a TON of stuff I would like. The catch is, very few things can be picked up at your local mall. To give you some idea, here's a short sample list.

1 - I would like to be able to sneeze and / or laugh real hard without peeing in my pants. I have had a lingering cold for the past few weeks. Every time I sneeze I remember than I birthed two children. Bladder control - appreciate it.

2 - I would like to get nine straight hours of sleep. I did have that one night off for Steve's Holiday Party. I still didn't get 8 hours because of the fact that we had to stay up late shmoozing.

3 - I would like Nick to be potty trained. Already.

4 - I would like the boys to leave the books on the bookshelves. And while I'm at it, I would like them to become less facinated with pulling my bookmark out from between the pages and then presenting it to me with a look that says "Hey, Mom! You left this strip of paper between the pages of your book! But I got it for you! Be proud of me!"

5 - World Peace

The truth is, I am lucky enough to have just about everything I need and even want. I wish the same were true of everyone else.

3 comments:

Debs said...

Sounds like a good list to me :-)
I'm hopeless at coming up with ideas too. Things like less clutter in our house... are what's on my list!

Kathleen said...

I KNOW! And just how do you give someone less clutter? It's a real challenge.

Debs said...

Buy them a bag of black sacks and an offer of a couple of hours to help them tackle it..!