Sunday, December 10, 2006

Good Night's Sleep and ITunes Lets Me Down

I was looking forward to Steve's Office Holiday Party. Actually, I wasn't very excited about the party itself. I had never met any of his co-workers, and Office Parties mean a lot of conversation will be about work. As Steve works with computers and I know next to nothing about computers, this means a lot of the conversations go over my head.

But I was looking forward to spending time away from home. Last night, after the party, Steve and I stayed at a Hotel near his office. Lillian stayed with the kids. It was my first night off EVER, unless you count the time I was in labor at the hospital, and I have to be honest with you, I don't count that. It was the first night in years that I wasn't going to have to listen for midnight cries. No middle of the night feedings, nightmares, nothing would wake me up but me. And then I could sleep in.

Needless to say, I woke up a few times and looked at the clock, and then woke up for good at 6:30, rested and happy that I could actually lounge in bed. It was amazing.

And now, returning to the Christmas Song Review... There's this song called "somebody Snitched" although I think a lot of people call it "I'm gettin Nuttin for Christmas." I love this song. In case you haven't heard it, it's sung by a naughty little boy, and it goes like this:

I'm gettin Nuttin for Christmas!
Mommy and Daddy are Maaaad.
I'm gettin nuttin for Christmas,
'Cause I ain't been Nuttin, but Baaaad!

I hit my brother on the head,
Somebody snitched on me!
I put some frongs in Sister's bed,
Somebody snitched on me!

Etc.

I can't find this song anywhere. If you go to ITunes you will find 117 different versions of Winter Wonderland, but not one version of this classic. Stupid ITunes.

1 comment:

Debs said...

Here you go, I googled it and you can listen to it on this site http://susie1114.com/Christmas/NuttinforChristmas.html