Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow



When I lived with Betsy way, way, way back when, we rented the bottom apartment in a two family house. The landlords lived upstairs, a married couple with a baby. They also had two cats. The cats lived in the basement. They had been banished, living in the dark with no company, after one of them peed in the baby's crib.

At the time Betsy and I were both horrified! How could they do that to their cute little kitties?

Now, of course, Betsy and I are both mothers, and a cat that pees outside the litter box for any reason would consider it lucky to have a warm dark basement to curl up in.

Not to mention that, for the past few days, I have banished my own cats to our basement. Not because they are naughty or peeing in inappropriate places. No. Because we are having the floors done, and they refuse to see the baby gates as any sort of barrier. They would walk on the new tiles before the tiles were set, messing up the grouting. That, and they are both rather large, heavy cats. More often than not, when leaping over a gate, Puck will bring the gate down with him. The last thing I need are objects falling on the not-yet-set tiles, or other items being knocked over.

So my cats are banished. I have joined the ranks of the previously scorned.

Today's Holiday Song is the one that goes "SIMply HAving a WONDerful Christmas time!" because it has the part where all the kids go "Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong!" And also because Jamie told me he didn't like it. A lot. I have no strong feelings about this one either way, myself.

No comments: