Friday, December 08, 2006

A Year of Meaningless Babble Come and Gone



I wasn't going to post this morning, since yesterday's post went up so late. But then I realized that today is My Blog's First Year Anniversary. A whole year of pictures of my kids, stories of my kids, Travel nightmares with my kids, Cooking mishaps with my kids, My kids' doctor's visits, playdates, baths, haircuts, first steps, first words, and the occasional rant from me about TV, Movies, Music, and anything else that happens to float to the top of my mind so that I can skim it off for you. I am amazed that I've kept at it so far, to tell you the truth, but happy that there are folks out there that check in.

Secretly, this isn't my first blog attempt. I tried one once before, posting whatever I felt like, but I stopped. This blog was much more succesful, mostly due to the fact that people were awaiting the birth of my second child, and also because I am bad at sharing pictures and this Blog makes it easy for my family to find out what we all look like. Also, I have become comfortable neglecting my children as they play with knives and plastic bags so that I can take the time I need to craft my words to Y'all.

Secretly, I also have another blog on blogger, where I sometimes post fiction. The link is on this site. I hesitate to mention it because I'm posting an average of once every three months. I'm also not very good, but since I can't seem to stop writing fiction, even when I try, I figured I may as well put it out there. Everyone else is. So it's there in case anyone is interested. But I won't blame you if you're not. Besides, my sister is the writer of the family. In MY generation, anyway.

And that's it for today, kids! I guess I'll see you all tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

happy anniversary! i just don't think my days would be complete if I didn't have your blog to read. i just scrolled down to one of your first entries and glossed over the picture of your belly at 8/9 months pregnant. you were SOOOO pregnant.

Debs said...

Happy Anniversary :-)
I love your other blog too (post more soon!)
I've loved getting to know you more, so keep it up - you're a great example at this blogging regularly thing, and I do try to follow your example, just life gets in the way!

Anonymous said...

Kathleen,

Happy blogging anniversary. I'm having a great time reading your funny stories and enjoying the pictures of your beautiful babies.

Debs said...

Oh, and I just have to add - That kitchen is HUGE!