Tuesday, December 26, 2006

There's Got to Be a Morning After....



All good things come to an end... at least a sort of an end. We survivied yesterday, Nathan's first Christmas, and the first one where Nicholas had any sort of idea what was going on. If I felt up to it, I would post some of the pictures I took yesterday, but I am too lazy at the moment to download the 900 picutres I have on my camera, so you get this close up of Nick, and a list of some of these new items that made it into our home.

PLEASE NOTE - this is not a list of ALL the items we have received. Just a few of my favorites.

- a football (am AMERICAN football, one of those oblong, pointy ended things, for those of you who might be thinking of what we would call a soccer ball)
- two new computer games
- another version of CLUE
- another Thomas toy
- a ride-around car that the boys started fighting over TWO SECONDS after discovering it.
- a ride around tiger airplane with sounds and lights that the boys began fighting over TWO SECONDS after openeing it, leaving the poor car in the dust.
- some tiny Bob-the-builder trucks (With Magnetic Rubble!)
- The Wheel of Responsibility! (Have Fun! Stay Un-Divorced!)
- A book called "Daddy Needs A Drink!"
- A book called "Two if by Sea" by Anne-E Wood! HOW COOL IS THAT?
- a bag full of plastic food, half of which Nathan has already destroyed by chewing through it, despite the fact that IT IS PLASTIC!
- Some really neat, heavy boxed carved out of something like stone or something heavy, made in Thailand, or Laos.
- A bottle of whiskey with snakes in it.
- Candy Land, which I right away decided was a bad idea because if Nick can't deal with Nathan sitting in the toy car while Nick opens Candy Land, he probably won't like it when I accidentally pull the card that brings me within one turn o winning while he pulls the card that brings him back to the start. Plus, he might try to eat the cards.

All in all, we had a really wonderful Holiday. I missed my family, but the time we had hear was enough to let me know I made the right choice in staying here and having a family Christmas for my kids. And maybe tomorrow I will have a few pictures for you all!

Next thing is New Years... and then... Nate's First Birthday. This year went by in a blur.

1 comment:

Debs said...

Good to hear you had a great day:-)