Friday, December 29, 2006

No Grinch This Year


I tried to be very reasonable in the number of gifts I got the boys this year. I spoke to Santa about it personally, reminding him that we'd been tripping over toys as it was, and that no matter how many toys they had, they still preferred playing with the salad spinner and the cans from the recycle bin.
But, as you can see from this picture, Santa didn't listen.
He just went a little overboard.
And so did Grammy.
And so did Gramma and Grampa.
Seriously, when we were kids, we each got every other person a gift. With five kids and two parents, that's at least 49 gifts. And if you start thinking about the friends of the family and the gifts from Santa... well, what you get is chaos.
I miss that chaos.
But there was chaos here, too. If for no other reason that Nick and Nate are the only grandchildren, and the only nephews. They get spoiled. It can't be helped.
But I want to thank every one for the wonderful gifts for the boys (and me and Steve) because they really ARE wonderful. I get excited mysefl about new things we can do with new toys.

No comments: