Thursday, December 21, 2006

So Much To Do, So Little Time



Actually, I think I've just about finished my STUFF. I need to make a pie - my crimson pie, and this time I will put it in the oven, not on the floor. There's one remaining gift I need to slap a ribbon on. And other than helping Santa put the gifts under the tree Christmas eve, and attending the family function that night, we're done.

That means gifts purchased, wrapped, sent. Nick's teachers, the mail guy, the trash guys, all taken car of. Cards written and in the mail. Decorations up (and down and up and down and up.) I am now at the point where I can finally ENJOY the season. I am reading holiday books to the boys, telling them about Santa and, yes, even Baby Jesus being born in a manger, pointing the the toy barn as I did, explaining that there were animals there, and Nate was pressing the buttons, making the horse neighing sound over and over, and Nicholas was looking at me with his perfected deadpan expression, even when I started to sing "Away In A Manger" to drive the story home. Then he started talking about building a tent.

Anyway, my POINT is, I'm feeling good. I'm in a good place. And I'm sharing all the food and TV shows and movies and music and ribbons and bright colored lights with my boys. And there is just so MUCH of it.

So today's Christmas Song is The First Time The Christmas Story Was Told. Because it's true. Like the Grinch pointed out, it comes without packages, paper or strings. It comes withouth... I don't know what he said, really, but Christmas comes without it. The first Christmas didn't have any of that.

And now, from the pagen side of my heart, Happy Solstice, everyone! From now on, the world will be a brighter place... at least until June.

No comments: