Thursday, December 14, 2006

Me I want a Hula Hoop



Nathan is still sick. Last night I was awake at 11pm, midnight, 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, 4 am... you get the picture. I didn't get a full hour's sleep. Kind of like having a newborn. Only Nathan was easier than this as a newborn. Slightly. I think.

When both boys woke up at 5:45 I gave up and let them both out of bed. I then crawled into Nick's bed. The thing is, though, that as soon asi the boys saw me in the bed, they both wanted back in. No to sleep, apparently, but to crawl all over me and poke me in the eyes. Honestly, as I ws lying there, eyes closed, desperately trying to grab a couple of seconds of unconciousness before being forced to make breakfast, I had the distinct impression that I didn't just have two children, but seven, and that all seven were stepping on me.

I made coffee, but forgot to put the actual coffee in, so instead I just made hot coffe flavored water. I went to feed the cats to find that they had knocked over the bin of cat food during the night. Instead of feeding them I just walked away. Steve had to run to work but was late because he had to wait for ice on his windshield to melt. Then he had to come back to get his computer. We're all just bumbling and bumping about.

So today's Holiday Song is whatever that Christmas SOng is by the CHipmunks. The one where they get Dave big, big box so he can fill it up with toys and presents for THEM! The one with "Me, I want a Hula Hoop!" I like that song. I know some people find it irritating, and it drives them crazy. But I like it. Maybe it's because I already AM crazy.

No comments: