Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Before 7am



This morning Nathan slept until 6:30, a good half hour past my official "wake-up time." It was too bad, since Nick woke me up at 5:30 telling me he had to pee, because I was awake anyway...

When he finally started making noises I rushed in to find him standing there with one eye open and the other sealed shut with dried goo. No wonder he slept late - he couldn't open his eyes! One of his nostrils was similarly sealed. I had to soak his eye in a warm washcloth (he didn't like it) to get the goo to soften enough for him to see.

Then, at breakfast, Nicholas told me he wanted his own something from the grocery store. It was a "something" that sounded like "Ackorgigan" and I could not figure out what he was talking about (Backyardigan? Back Organ? Backorder?) Until I finally realized he was saying "deodorant." My almost-three-year-old was asking for his own deodorant from the grocery store.

Without going into the specifics of puberty and glands I tried explaining that only grown ups needed deodorant, but he insisted he was smelly and needed some deodorant.

It is going to be an interesting day.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Why is Nathan always carrying his beautiful yellow hat?

I love these early attempts at language -- ackorgigan, of course, it's deodorant! I would have fallen over laughing -- too cute!

Anonymous said...

This is so funny. How their little minds work! I just love it.