Friday, May 11, 2007

The POINT



Nathan has this habit of changing the channel while the TV is on. This wouldn't be a big deal, except that he has horrible taste. I will leave them watching Diego to put the laundry in the dryer, and when I come back they are watching the jewelry segment on Home Shopping Network. Or maybe it's a Paid Program by Bowflex. Whatever it is, it lacks in plot and the acting is simply not convincing.

Nicholas HATES it when Nathan changes the channel. As soon as the picture changes he screams the name of the show he was watching "Backyardigans!" or "Blue's Clue's!" as though Nathan had erased the show from TV FOREVER!

Yesterday Nathan changed the channel, and Nicholas pushed Nathan. I put Nicholas in a Time Out, and changed the channel back. WHen Nick's Time out was over I let him back in the room, but Nathan changed the channel again two mintes later. Nicholas pushed him again. I put Nicholas in another Time Out, this time with a bit of yelling about how we just DID this and we do NOT hurt our brothers and we USE WORDS instead! And I turned off the TV.

When I told Nick his time out was over I tacked on the "I think you should say something to your brother." Nicholas slowly slid off his chair and went over to Nathan, and I was expecting the usual "I'm Sorry!" and the hug where he squeezes Nate's head until Nate squeals.

Nicholas took a deep breath. "Nathan," he said, "Don't change the channel!"

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I knew that boy was no dummy! But somehow I imagine Nathan cackling regardless what Nick says!

I'm back from LA. Never got to see Em. She says it's exams; I say she hates me.

When will I see you & those little boys again?