Thursday, May 24, 2007

Breakfast Wish

This morning Steve had to leave very early to get to a meeting, so when Nicholas woke up I simply told him to get into bed with me so that I wouldn't have to move.

We talked about what we would have for breakfast, and before I knew it I was telling Nicholas how I really wanted a bagel with lox and cream cheese - maybe a tomato and some red onion or capers - and how simply WONDERFUL it would be. Then I told him that next time we visited Gramma and Grampa, maybe I would take him to Zabars which I remember fondly from when I was a kid, but which I haven't actually visited since 1993. "But Grampa used to take me there when I was little," I said.

Nicholas looked thoughtful. "Grampa is your daddy?" he asked?

I nodded. "Yes, your grampa IS my daddy."

Nicholas nodded. Then, in the same tone I had used to describe lox and Zabars, he said,"I went to Wal-Mart, once, when I was bigger."

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

He may be little, but he's o, so smart!