Tuesday, May 29, 2007

He Was Tired All Day



This weekend was draining and tiring. First we celebrated Nick's birthday, which involved presents and cupcakes and Steve's family, a couple of streamers, some hot dogs and burgers, and finally the TRACTOR. Later that afternoon my brother Winston came up to visit with his girlfriend, Meg. And that involved more gifts, and more gifts, and a lot of eye rolling at how crazy my mother is for getting so many gifts for Nick, and a lot of wrapping paper.

Winston and Meg stayed until Monday, which was great. It was good to get to know Meg a little more, even though I'm ten years (TEN YEARS!) older than she is and sometimes feel absolutely ancient. (OLD! I FEEL OLD!) We drank a lot of wine, ate a lot of food (even Winston ate pizza and popcorn and Doritos and cupcakes!) and then watched a movie I think only Meg saw the end of, and played a lot of Wii.

It was fun, and the house seemed quiet after they left. But I also slep HARD last night. Fun, but tired. Which is why I like this picture of Nicholas. He was having fun. He was just tired, too.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Happy Birthday, Nicky!!