Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A glimpse into my mind

Imagine the inside of my mind. Mostly cobwebs. Dust. Globs of play-dough. Lots of cake. Hopefully well away from the dust. Light streaming in through dirty windows. Curtains billowing in the breeze. Even though the windows are shut. Thoughts swirling around and around like... um... dust in the wind.

Things to do today... get the car inspected. Am I too late? I think it's supposed to get done within ten days of getting it registered. It's been much longer. Will they still do it? Oh well. Give the pets flea drops. Steve will do that. But I need to brush them first. ugh. I need to do that. And pay attention for ticks. Gunther probably has tons of them and we just aren't getting them. The vet will yell at me if he's covered in ticks. Friday - gunther to vet on Friday. I should bring a juice cup to the car inspection place. And snacks. It will be lunchtime... I should remember a bottle for Nathan. And I book. I'll bring the potty training book. I need to come up with a plan for that. And I need to follow it through and not give in. I need to be more patient. I need a new schedule. This one has us sitting in front of the TV too much. I think I'm warping Nate's brain.OH! I need to go to Wal-Mart and get cleaning stuff... paper towels... could Nate be ready for size 3 diapers? I need stuff for Nick's birthday party. I need to clean the house. oh no. clean the house. I'll never get the house clean in time. ugh. There's already cat hair all over the place. And the cooking - I'll have to cook... I can cook Saturday night. That's what I'll do. Clean Sunday morning... does it matter? It's only a few people. What if Nick's dissapointed? Can a 2 year old be dissapointed? Maybe I got him too many gifts. Maybe I didn't get the right ones. Maybe these are too old for him. He's having such a hard time with Nate in the high chair. What if I'm maessing him up? Then he'll NEVER be potty trained. He might be a non-potty trained serial killer. And it will be my fault because I moved his brother into his high chair too soon and failed at potty training and let him watch too many episodes of Blue's Clues...

It just goes on like this forever. Sometimes there are thoughts about Jude Law in there, but not at the same time as the thoughts on potty training or ticks.

2 comments:

LARISSA said...

Remember, Fleen, you have me to help you with whatever you need while i visit you on Saturday. In particular, I am more than happy to help maintain your thoughts of Jude Law.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, while looking into your brain my brain went into in's own thing...I think my cake is pie & it's much closer to the dust or the dust is beginning to outgrow th epie & my thoughts run more to George Clooney than Jude Law, but other than that, it's pretty much the same as your brain. Scarey, huh?