Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Mission Too Sleepy

Step one in my mission was to turn off the baby monitor.

(I know, I know, everyone said to move Nate to the guest room, but that required too many decisions for my sleepy self. First off, where would he sleep the guest bed? No. Because he can now roll over. And even though I know he probably wouldn't fall off a queen sized bed, I don't want to test my theory and be wrong. His crib is too big to move through a doorway without dismantling it. I could put his bassinet in there, but there are a few reasons I'd rather not do that, if at all possible, so I made that Step 2, Which I haven't gotten to yet.)

Step 1 worked fairly well. Nate woke up once - or perhaps I should say, he woke ME up once, but since the REAL goal, the secret goal, what I'm really, truly trying to accomplish is more sleep for ME, this is fine. One time, at around 1am. I fed him, he went back to sleep.

And then he woke up at 5am. It's hard to know if I should count this as a second "awake" or as a really early "getting up." I wanted him to go back to sleep. But he felt that he was ready to begin the day. Unfortunately, he woke Nick up, too. We all ended up in Nick's bed while the boys took turns singing.

I am so tired that I could not help but feel true panic as I looked at today's 5 item to do list. Clean the cat boxes? How am I supposed to clean the stupid cat boxes? AND take out the trash? No way. It requires too much planning and thought, not to mention finess. I'm WAY TOO TIRED!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, if this works, go with it! However, if the Guest Room should begin to look attractive again, perhaps you can take the baby bumper from the playpen thingy put it on the big bed, ring it with some pillows to give it stability, then put little Nate inside it. Is that even do-able?

Kathleen said...

no. the playpen doesn't have a bumper. I do have one for his crib that I'm not using... but maybe I should now put it on his crib?
Or I could just put the bassinet in there... I think it might be the best way...

Debs said...

or you could put Nick in the guest bed?

Anonymous said...

Well, the bassinet would be the easiest thing to move around & I think the only problem with moving Nick in there would be you've just gotten him used to his own bog boy bed & you don't want him to unlearn all that. Whatever is easist & gives you the most sleep.