Saturday, May 13, 2006

Morning Cup Of Coffee



It's raining
It's pouring
Today will be boring
Nate's in bed and
Nick is fed
That's all we've done this morning


My father and
My brother
are here without my mother
We don't know what to do
The sky's gray and not blue
We're just talking to each other


I'm not great
At rhyming
Or wording, or timing
but I thought I'd try
and see if I'd get by
in this format... um... this morning.

Which doesn't rhyme. A lot of this was a bit of a stretch, huh? Well, I did this off the top of my head, and it IS the weekend, so please cut me some slack and kudos to me for trying. Not everything is genetic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, it sounds as if rhyming is in your blood! Perhaps someone in your family tree is a rhymer & the skill was passed to you genetically? It could happen!