Saturday, May 27, 2006

I love my house I love my nest...

Snow and rain and rocks withstanding (this IS the Granite State, after all) I really do love it here. I love "Live Free or Die." I love the New England style. I'm a bit conflicted about the whole buy-a-gun-at-Wal-Mart thing...
Sure, I'm hours away from art galleries and museums, but even if I lived next door, how often would I go? I'd spend my time feeling guilty for NOT going. "Boy, I sure should get over there and see that exhibit on Degas" I'd think. And then watch Monster-In-Law on Pay-per-view. I do miss being able to go out to eat after 8pm, but let's face it, I go to bed at 9. I never went to bars in the first place, preferring to indulge in my own home, where I won't have to compete with skany 20 year olds and huge guys who don't see me - no, they really don't and they elbow me in the chest and step on my feet as if I weren't there...
The other morning there were 5 deer just casually walking across our lawn. And a couple of hours later the walked back, one at a time, one of them running... As someone who grew up in "the country" in New Jersey, this is as rural as I need to get. But I love it. DEER IN MY YARD! Hooray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Put out bird & squirrel feeders this year & watch them from your window! The boys will love it!