Monday, May 22, 2006

My Mission Should I Choose to Accept It


Remember when I said all that stuff about Nathan sleeping through the night, only waking up once, blah blah blah...? Remember all that? I take it all back.

At first I thought this was just a phase, that perhaps he wasn't feeling well. I got up with him each time he fussed and cried. Then I realized he was waking and NOT fussing, just practicing using his voice. But guess what?

MY BOYS SHARE A ROOM! Who thought up this brilliant bit of planning, you might ask? Why me, of course. Now whenever Nate wakes up and starts fussing, crying, or even just babbling, I rush in to get to him before he wakes up Nick, messing everything up because at this rate he'll NEVER learn to put himself down to sleep. I've even gotten into this nasty habit of taking Nate into the guest bed in the mornings so I can get more sleep and not wake Nick or Steve.

My mission is to find a way to let Nate put himself back to sleep, to go back to feeding him once a night (which I consider reasonable at this age) without waking up Nick. Or Steve, if possible, but mostly Nick, because as much as Steve loves me he doesn't start crying and make me rock him until dawn when he get woken up.

3 comments:

LARISSA said...

I'm not a parent, so this might be a stupid idea, but i thought i'd throw it out there. Why not put Nate in the guest room (at least temporarily) until he gets onto a normal sleep schedule? You seem to wind up with him in there now anyways. At least this way, you could let him babble on without waking up his brother. Just a thought....

Debs said...

Larissa's idea sounds a good plan to me, and not beng parents we can accept full responsibility this time next week when you have to blog about how that idea led to mayhem and you wish you'd never listened to us.

Also, can we have an update on the alien life-forms and the flooding siutation? I love seeing pictures of your garden and thinking how our garden would probably fit into yours about 50 times!

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes! says the 3rd non-parent! Move him into the guest room for the time being, treat it as an experiment. If it works, we all want the credit. If it doesn't, we had nothing to do with it!