Friday, May 19, 2006

House of dust bunnies and fog


Last night Nicholas had one of him meltdowns as I put him to bed. He does this every now and then, screaming and sobbing for two or three days at bedtime, asking to be held. I would gladly hold him, but I needed to put Nate to bed, and experience has told me that he WILL NOT fall asleep when I hold him. He fakes it and then starts screaming when you try to tiptoe out of the room.

Nate slept soundly until midnight, at which point he woke up and began gurgling as thought it were 6am already. I fed him, I rocked him, but he insisted it was daytime. The fourth time I tried leaving him be in his crib, Nick woke up and I ended up with both of them smooched on my lap, Nick with his head on my shoulder and eyes wide open, and Nathan looking around and looking for the best way to roll off my lap.

I slept the rest of the night in the guest room while nursing Nate (he was still out of sorts from his shots or I wouldn't have.)

I promised Nick a trip to the library and Steve and I need to apply for Nate's passport. I am doing laundry. It is foggy, rainy, an thundery outside. Blah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say get 'em all passports AND library cards as early as possible! If you can just hang on til you get to the vacation, you may be able to sleep while you are there! Keep hanging on!!!

Kathleen said...

They told us everyone, even infants, needed their own passports.
they use my library card.