Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Wanted: Tools to Build Ark


During the heat wave we had a few weeks back we had a picnic on our lawn. We took a blanket, packed a lunch, and walked to the edge of the brook to enjoy the weather.

See our blue house? See the clump of trees with the shed? All this is now under a couple of feet of water. The water level has actually gone down a little bit, but it is still raining. Roads are closed - Steve just called me from work to tell me how I might get to the grocery store. I wouldn't even attempt it, but we're out of milk and soda, our two most important staples. And quite honestly if I don't get out of this house for a few minutes today I'm going to go all Jack Nicholson from The Shining .

Side Note: I have an entire bookshelf dedicated to Stephen King books. And yet, when I went to look up the name of the main character in "The Shining" I discovered that I DO NOT OWN THAT BOOK! The Shining is not in my library. How can this be? How could I have missed it? And where did I read it?

7 comments:

Pig wot flies said...

Oo-er. Hope the water starts going down soon, it sounds scary.

Debs said...

You stole our rain. We want it back. Ok, so I actually have no idea how the rain decides where it wants to fall and all that, but still it doesn't really seem fair does it?! The UK, and esp the south east is expected to experience drought for most of the summer. I wonder how you'd go about packaging up the rain to send it elsewhere....

Also, very cool that you have a vw beetle. My sister (pig wot flies) has one too. In fact it's actually her second one. It's a bit of a family thing that whenever a beetle is spotted it has to be noted (ie you say beetle if oyu see one) and HP sticks her tongue out at the new style ones cos they'renot as nice.
Hmm, this has got quite long just for a comment..

Debs said...

ps I know some great songs about an ark if that's any help...

Anonymous said...

I assume the USPS is still delivering to your address. Just let me know what you want in the CARE pkg & I will send all you need from NYC! (pool floaties & life preservers included).

Anonymous said...

I assume the USPS is still delivering to your address. Just let me know what you need & I will send a CARE pkg -- pool floaties & life preservers included!

Anonymous said...

Debs, How do you know Kathleen has a Beetle? Kathleen, what colour is your beetle and how old is it?
Hope the flooding is going down now.

Debs said...

HP, Kathleen mentioned it in the comments of the post before this one :-)

I'm sure it must tell you something when two people from one one family end up having a conversation with each other on the blog of someone entirely unconnected, apart from through blogs! I'll just try not to dwell on it too much.

Oh, and Happy Wednesday Kathleen and family :-) - just to give this comment a little purpose for existing apart from communicating with my litle sis!